Baked Avocado with Basturma and Eggs
- 1 Whole Avocado, per serving
- 1 Egg (per serving, but you can boil more if you would like)
- Fettayleh Bastruma (3 to 4 slices)
- Olive oil
- Fresh tomato and micro herbs to serve.
- Fill a saucepan ¾ with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add egg and boil for 4 minutes for a soft boiled egg, once cool, peel egg and set aside.
- Cut an avocado in half, remove the seed and skin and scrape out some flesh from the cavity where the seed was so that the boiled egg can slot easily into the cavity. Slice a tiny bit of the base of the avocado off so that the avocado bottom is flat and can stand on its own.
- Place the egg in the cavity (you may half to scrape more flesh out of the egg doesn’t fit) and place both halves of the avocado together so it looks like a full avocado again.
- On a flat surface, lay basturma flat and slightly overlapping.
- Place avocado on top of the basturma and gently wrap/roll basturma around the avocado until the avocado is completely covered. Drizzle the basturma with olive oil.
- Using an upside down muffin tray, place the wrapped avocado upright between two cupcake slots so that they are helping keep the avocado upright.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the Bastirma is golden and crispy.
- Place on a plate, slice in half the avocado in half and serve with micro herbs and fresh tomato.