Pasta Carbonara with Chorizo
- Fettuccine (or whatever pasta you have available)
- Fettayleh Chorizo
- 2 x Eggs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh herbs for serving (optional)
- In a saucepan, boil water for preparation to boil fettuccine – in boiling water, cook pasta for 7 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 1 more minute.
- Take pasta off the stove and drain off water into a seperate bowl (don’t get rid of the pasta water).
- Slice up chorizo into thin slices and in a fry pan on a medium to high heat cook until golden and crispy.
- Take your fry pan off the stove. Place your pasta into the fry pan with the chorizo and add a little bit of the water from the boiled pasta.
- Off the heat add the eggs (must be done off the stove or the eggs will scramble).
- Put the fry pan back on a low heat start tossing the pasta until all is combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh herbs (optional).