Turkish Eggs with Basturma
- 2 cups greek yoghurt
- 2 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 tbs tahini
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs (fridge-cold)
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp of hot chilli powder
- 2 cup water (to poach egg)
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Sourdough to serve
- In a saucepan boil water in preparation for poaching eggs.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, tahini, garlic, salt to taste and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Take basturma and place on the grill to cook until crispy.
- In the saucepan of water, reduce the heat so it is a low simmer. Add vinegar to the water, this will keep whites intact. Crack a refrigerated egg into a ramekin. Swirl the water in a circular motion and then drop the egg into the centre of the saucepan. Cook for roughly 4 to 5 minutes.
- Using your fingers and paper towel crunch basturma into a crumb like consistency.
- Gently melt butter and olive oil and then add chilli powder and sweet paprika. Stir until combined.
- Toast your sourdough.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @fettayleh on Instagram and hashtag it #fettayleh