- 1 Cup sliced Fettayleh sujuk
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 green capsium, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup of passata (about 118 ml)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves (abouts 0.2 ounces or 5 grams)
- Sourdough or lebanese bread (to serve)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium sized fry pan over a medium to high heat add some extra virgin olive oil and the sujuk. Saute for a few minutes until sujuk is golden and slightly crispy.
- Add the onion, capsicum, tomato and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the passata, coriander, sweet paprika, cumin, chilli flakes, sugar and combine all ingredients together.
- Let simmer in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce reduces and the oil begins to seperate.
- Crack your egg into a ramekin and create a little crater in the sauce to pour your egg into.
- Cover with the saucepan lid, leave for about 4 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with sourdough or lebanese bread.
- Serve share style and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @fettayleh on Instagram and hashtag it #fettayleh